Apple officially rolls out 6.1 update: Should you get it?
Apple officially made a new-wave of ‘Hmm’s’ in the tech-world today after an iOS 6.1 update was unveiled for many phones across several markets. The update, reportedly includes LTE support (4g) for more than 36 phone carriers and 23 additional carriers for tablets.
On top of that, U.S users can purchase movie tickets through (that crazy bitch Siri).
“iOS 6 is the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, and with nearly 300 million iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices on iOS 6 in just five months, it may be the most popular new version of an OS in history,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, in a release.
“iOS 6.1 brings LTE support to more markets around the world, so even more users can enjoy ultrafast Safari browsing, FaceTime video calls, iCloud services, and iTunes and App Store downloads.”
- Download iOS 6.1 – Official Release (news.softpedia.com)
- iOS 6.1 now available for download (engadget.com)
- Nearly 60% of all iOS devices ever sold are running iOS 6 (edibleapple.com)
- Apple Officially Announces iOS 6.1, 300 Million Devices on iOS 6 (iClarified.com)
- Apple releases iOS 6.1, available for download today (zdnet.com)
- Apple unveils 128GB iPad 4 and iOS 6.1 (vr-zone.com)