Teenage girl who sang at Obama inauguration murdered in broad daylight
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS: Local police have confirmed to Bazaar Daily News that, the teenage girl who famously sang at the Obama inauguration was shot in cold-blood while sitting under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park. Hadiya Pendleton, according to police managed to walk about a block after a gunman opened fire at her, and her group of friends — before having collapsed.
The incident reportedly happened around 2:20p.m local time, and also injured another 16 year old boy. Pendleton unfortunately did not make it, and died later at a local hospital. The gunman fled the scene in a reported white car.
Anybody with information on the incident is asked to call the Chicago police department immediately.
- Teen who performed at inauguration killed (upi.com)
- Girl who performed at Obama’s inauguration shot dead in Chicago (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Teen girl who performed at Obama inauguration killed in Chicago shooting – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Hadiya Pendleton, teen performer at Obama inaugural events, fatally shot in Chicago (thegrio.com)
- Teen performer at President Barack Obama’s inaugural events fatally shot (mercurynews.com)
- Teen performer at inaugural events fatally shot (ktvb.com)