Grandmother rushes to defense of young fellow denounced by pastor
In this week’s trending news:
A grandmother has become sorts of a celebrity this week after a speech she gave to a pastor went viral. The speech, which rose to the top of Reddit.com’s popular board this week reads this: And happened after a group of people in a church decided to come forth to the pastor, asking how to fix somebody’s homosexuality.
The nana’s response:
A kid that attends the church and is in high school is gay, and apparently his parents wrote to the pastor asking what should be done about this. The pastor took the letter the parents wrote, and read it to the entire congregation, outed the kid, and told everyone that they would “work together to address this problem of homosexuality.”
My grandmother stood up at this point, said “There are a lot of problems here, and him being gay is not one of them.” She apologized to the boy, then walked out the door. She just got back from turning in all the stuff she was responsible for for the church’s yard sale and Bible School activities.
- Grandmother Reportedly Takes A Stand Against Anti-LGBT Pastor To Support Gay Grandson (huffingtonpost.com)
- Grandma Storms Out Of Homophobic Sermon, Makes Gay Grandson Proud (queerty.com)
- Grandma leaves church when pastor rejects Homosexuality as a lifestyle? When did Pastor’s become god? (bonjublog.com)
- Pastor likens being gay to devil worship (newsletter.co.uk)
- Brazilian pastor is behind bars after telling his flock that his penis contained ‘holy milk’ (freethinker.co.uk)
- Prominent evangelical pastor Reverend Steve Chalke declares support for monogamous same sex relationships (independent.co.uk)