Frank Ocean: ‘The self-made Prince of Pop’
Pop artist? Maybe, but moreso an R&B singer. On this month’s cover of the New York Times Magazine is none other than Grammy winner & nominated singer Frank Ocean — who was declared by the mag to be ‘The self-made Prince of Pop‘.
The 25-year-old singer who typically avoids interview (‘I just don’t trust journalists’) spoke openly to the mag about his beliefs within his wildly successful career.
“I have no delusions about my likability, in every scenario,” Ocean told the reporter, who interviewed him at a BMW repair shop in L.A. “I know that in order to get things done the way you want them, oftentimes your position will be unpopular.”
See more photos from the shoot and read the full story at NYTimes.com.
Photo credit: Ryan McGinley/The New York Times
- Frank Ocean added to list of Grammy’s performers (bazaardaily.com)
- He Can Fly!: Frank Ocean Covers ‘The New York Times Magazine’ (styleblazer.com)
- Frank Ocean Was Called A F@ggot During Chris Brown Fight (biglonpromo.com)
- Beyonce And Prince Added To Grammy Lineup (4umf.com)
- Grammy 2013 Winners Predictions: Frank Ocean And The Black Keys Set To Ruin Fun? (contactmusic.com)
- Michelle Obama Says Kelly Clarkson, Frank Ocean Deserve GRAMMYs (923now.cbslocal.com)