Lawsuit claims M&M-Mars worker fired over sexuality
HACKETTSTOWN, NEW JERSEY: According to LGBTQ NATION, a New Jersey woman has brought suit against M&M-Mars over claims that she was fired due to her personal sexuality. Theresa Kwiecinski, filed suit after she lost her job in Sept. 2011 after her employer discovered that she was lesbian.
After co-workers discovered that she was lesbian, and going through a complicated pregnancy at that — she notes in court documents that she was heavily discriminated against before finally being relieved from her work. In 2010, employee records show that Kwiecinski received a ‘below expectations’ performance review on her record, only after it was discovered that she was pregnant.
Calls to M&M-Mars have not yet been returned.
- Woman Claims She Was Fired By Mars Candy Company For Being Lesbian, Pregnant (queerty.com)
- Lesbian Sues M&M Mars For Termination Over Sexuality And Pregnancy (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Is This World-Famous Chocolate Company Anti-Gay? Former Employee Says Yes (huffingtonpost.com)
- N.J. woman was fired from Mars for being gay and pregnant, lawsuit says (nj.com)
- Ohio Woman Claims She Was Fired for Obama Vote (readersupportednews.org)
- When a Small Buisness Owner Gets Sued by a Former Employee (hiscoxusa.com)