No laughs over The Onion’s ‘Little Q’ joke
The Onion, a famed satrical newspaper — apparently didn’t get the memo that Quvenzhane Wallis is actually 9 years old and not a grown person who can handle ridicule. According to NEWSER, The Onion sent out this tweet after Quvenzhane Wallis appeared on the red carpet.
[The tweet: Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but that Quvenzhané Wallis is kind of a [c-word], right? #Oscars2013.”:]
“If they called Suri Cruise a [c-word], best believe that by MORNING, the entire staff of @TheOnion would be at the unemployment office.”
This was definitely a rude joke. Several staffers of The Onion should be.. FIRED. They wouldn’t dare say this about a white actress, you best believe that.
- The Onion’s Racist Treatment of Quvenzhané Wallis At The 2013 Oscars (torontonannyblog.com)
- The Onion apologizes after it posts vulgar tweet about Quvenzhane Wallis (foxnews.com)
- No Laughs Over Onion’s Super Nasty Oscar Tweet (mega949.com)
- Quvenzhané Wallis Called C-Word by Onion Site; Activists Demand Apology (blackamericaweb.com)
- The Onion Apologizes to Quvenzhané Wallis (vulture.com)