OUTRAGE AT SEA: 18-year-old mysteriously found dead aboard #Carnival cruise
NEW YORK, NEW YORK: The Federal Bureau of Investigations confirmed to Daily News moments ago that 18-year-old high school senior Seth Younes has died. Witnesses say Younes was found dead in the early morning hours of Tuesday, inside of the room he had been staying in.
Posters across social media and various news sites claim that they were aboard the ship, and witnessed Younes very drunk. The parents, unidentified, aren’t reportedly blaming anybody for Younes death.
Vance Gulliksen, emailed a statement to The Saratogian: Witth regard to speculation that he may have died from alcohol poisoning, we can confirm that, based on the preliminary investigation, there is no indication he was served any alcohol by shipboard personnel.’
That statement appears to debunk the claims made by social-media users that Younes had been drunk prior to his sudden-death. Younes had been aboard an 8-day cruise with his family from New York City to the Bahamas — but died in his cabin.
- Carnival boss issues apology on Carnival Triumph situation via Twitter (al.com)
- Carnival Cruise statement on student’s death (timesunion.com)
- Teenager from upstate NY dies aboard cruise ship (newsday.com)
- Teenager from upstate NY dies aboard cruise ship; Saratoga senior was on trip with family (timescolonist.com)
- Passenger aboard Carnival cruise sues (bazaardaily.com)