Bye Bye Leno! King of late night to leave legendary T.V show next year
According to The Daily Mail, Jimmy Fallon may be taking on the reigns of a much more accomplished mission than that of his own, no seriously. Sources spoke to the Mail Online revealing that NBC execs are ready to give Leno the boot in the 2013-2014 summer season, in a last bid to attract a younger audience.
Jay has long kept his ratings since his debut some years ago, but for some time Fallon has been his biggest competitor in the 18-49 demographic.
Kimmel has done extremely well,’ said one unnamed network veteran. ‘Jay wins overall, but on any given night, it’s neck-and-neck in 18-49. I understand where they might have fear and also feel that they own the solution [in Fallon.]‘
- Behind the Scenes of the “Jay Leno Show’s” Green Car Challenge (motortrend.com)
- Is Jay Leno’s Run As Tonight Show Host Finally Over For Real This Time? (mediaite.com)
- Jay Leno’s Days Hosting ‘Tonight’ Are Numbered – Entertainment – The Atlantic Wire (theatlanticwire.com)
- Jay Leno Retirement: Imminent? (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Jay Leno Retirement Rumors Swirl (fox8.com)
- Jay Leno retirement rumors: is the host saying goodnight to The Tonight Show? (pix11.com)