Coroner: Lottery winner gruesomely murdered with cyanide
COOK COUNTY, DAILY NEWS: Welp, here’s a story that’ll keep your mind buzzing all weekend long (and then some). Who remembers that lottery winner Urooj Khan? Well, news has it the winner reportedly died of cyanide toxicity — yes, that means he was murdered.
However, Cook County’s coroner Stephen Cina couldn’t determine how the cyanide managed to get into the body of Khan, because the liquid has a very short life span.
- Autopsy reveals little about lottery winner death (sacbee.com)
- Lottery winner’s death ruled homicide (cnn.com)
- Cyanide poisoning killed $1 million lottery winner, authorities confirm (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Lottery winner’s death ruled homicide (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Exhumation of Illinois lottery winner begins (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Coroner: Lottery Winner Murdered With Cyanide (newser.com)