Marissa Mayer: ‘I don’t consider myself a feminist, just an ignoramus’
Following her media frenzy over that now questionable telecommuting ban at Yahoo, C.E.O Marissa Mayer just took it to a new level. In a new AOL documentary entitled ‘Women who make America‘ the 37-year-old Y! front-woman made remarks that would make Jane Fonda gag in her girdle.
‘I don’t think that I would consider myself a feminist. I think that, I certainly believe in equal rights. I believe that women are just as capable, if not more so, in a lot of different dimensions.
‘But I don’t, I think, have sort of the militant drive and sort of the chip on the shoulder that sometimes comes with that. And I think it’s too bad, but I do think feminism has become, in many ways, a more negative word.
‘There are amazing opportunities all over the world for women, and I think that there’s more good that comes out of positive energy around that than negative energy,’ says Mayer.
It was revealed in the same documentary that Mayer decided to ban telecommuting at Yahoo after she spied on employee logins.
- Marissa Mayer Just Wants One Thing: Efficiency (nymag.com)
- Marissa Mayer: I Don’t Think That I Would Consider Myself A Feminist (fastcompany.com)
- Marissa Mayer Says She Doesn’t Have A ‘Militant Drive’ Or ‘Chip On The Shoulder’ Like Feminists (businessinsider.com)
- Marissa Mayer Got It Right (beanstalk-inc.com)
- Y! defends ‘Work at home’ ban (uk.bazaardaily.com)
- Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer pulls the plug on telecommuting (newsroom.blogs.cnn.com)
- Yahoo: Ailing co finally looking up [Thanks to Marissa Mayer] (bazaardaily.com)
- Marissa Mayer Says She Doesn’t Have A ‘Militant Drive’ Or ‘Chip On The Shoulder’ Like Feminists (embargozone.com)