Zimmerman foregoes ‘Stand Your Ground’ hearing
The judge presiding over George Zimmerman’s trial was left bewildered today after lawyers for the accused killer cancelled a hearing that could have very well seen the charges against him, dismissed. According to The Miami Herald, his lawyers told the court that he may still invoke ‘Stand Your Ground’ at his trial — however their not sure.
George will go to trial for the murder of Trayvon Martin.
- Zimmerman defense: No need for Stand Your Ground hearing (miamiherald.com)
- Treyvan Martin Case Update: Zimmerman No Longer Seeks Immunity Under “Stand Your Ground” Law Prepares For Trial (sammyscoops.wordpress.com)
- George Zimmerman opts out of “stand your ground” hearing. (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Zimmerman Foregoes ‘Stand Your Ground’ Hearing (newser.com)
- Zimmerman drops ‘stand your ground’ defense in Trayvon Martin murder case (rawstory.com)
- George Zimmerman trial set for June 10, defense attorney says (news.blogs.cnn.com)