Kanye West’s overall popularity takes a nosedive
Speaking to Hot 97, rapper Kanye West made it clear this week that he didn’t like one thing — being number seven on MTV’s list of greatest MC’s in the game. West spoke to the radio station saying this:
To me, I feel like in order for them to put me as number seven, they had to bring up things they didn’t like.
‘They didn’t like the ‘Cruel Summer’ album, and I’m like, ‘That’s just [a] compilation’.
‘I don’t know, it’s definitely not based on a body of work. It possibly could just be like overall rap-MC-swag.
‘What happens is, with these types of things… They don’t like ‘Givenchy Kanye,’ they don’t like Kanye in a kilt, they don’t like Kanye in a relationship.’
- “They Don’t Like Givenchy Kanye” – Kanye West Explains Why He’s Not MTV’s Fave MC (contactmusic.com)
- Kanye West on MTV Hottest MC ranking: ‘They don’t like Kanye in a kilt’ (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Kanye West Slams MTV For Low Ranking On Hottest MCs List, Blames Relationship With Kim Kardashian For Snub (radaronline.com)
- Kanye West: My image causes bias (contactmusic.com)
- HELP YE PSA!: 5 Signs Kanye Is Going Crazy (wiznation.com)
- Kanye West blames Kim Kardashian for not making MTV’s top rappers list (mirror.co.uk)