Amanda Knox: First T.V interview since acquittal handed to ABC NEWS
For the first time since her acquittal in 2011, Amanda Knox is set to make her first T.V appearance in April sitting down for an exclusive interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer. The beloved ABC news anchor was among the top victors to receive the first interview, beating out CBS and NBC.
According to The New York Times, Amanda’s interview will air during a one-hour special on Sawyer’s ‘World News’ program on the network — consecutive on the same day as her book release (.. Waiting to be heard..) [April 30th].
Of the many crime stories both stateside, and overseas — this one managed to capture the attention of millions because Knox appears as a girl-next-door kind of girl; and had been heinously accused of lurid sexual acts and murdering Meredith Kercher in the flat they shared during her time in Perugia, Italy.
In a statement, ABC News denied that Amanda had been compensated in any way for the interview — instead the network reportedly offered Knox the one-hour spot, several teaser promos, and videos prominently displayed on all of the networks assets.
- Amanda Knox Speaks to Diane Sawyer to Coincide With Her Book in April 2013 “Waiting to Speak” (bonjublog.com)
- Amanda Knox to Give Her First Interview to ABC News – ABC News (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- Amanda Knox to Give First Interview (abcnews.go.com)
- Amanda Knox agrees to ABC News interview (oregonlive.com)
- Amanda Knox has agreed to an interview with ABC News (westseattleherald.com)
- Brands & Films on ABC News and Pepermint (brandsandfilms.com)