Google retiring Google Reader
After seven-years as a leading RSS/FEED service Google Inc has decided to end its Google Reader service all together beginning July 1st, 2013 according to a blog post posted last Wednesday night. The move reportedly comes on the heels of a decline in users, and a desire by Google to invest in fewer products.
We think that kind of focus will make for a better user experience,” Google’s Alan Green wrote onGoogle’s blog late Wednesday night.
When reached for comment, Google would not ultimately divulge just how many users depend on Google Reader but did admit that users have declined since their launch in 2005.
- Transitioning from Google Reader to feedly (feedly.com)
- Powering Down Google Reader (googlereader.blogspot.com)
- Google Reader RSS aggregator retired (telegraph.co.uk)
- Google Discontinuing Google Reader as Part of ‘Spring Cleaning’ (laughingsquid.com)
- “We launched Google Reader in 2005 in an effort to make it easy for people to discover and keep tabs…” (shortformblog.com)