Expert: #JodiArias suffers from PTSD
Whether you may believe it, doesn’t seem to matter. According to an expert who testified Thursday in the Jodi Arias murder trial — Arias apparently suffers from PTSD (..in the following months after Alexander’s death). Richard Samuels told the jury that this is a ‘common happening’ in highly stressful events for certain individuals.
Arias is charged with first-degree murder in the savage June 2008 death of her lover Travis Alexander. Prosecutors claim she did it out of jealous rage, although time and time again — Arias changes her story as to why she really did do it. Two years into the case, she has finally decided that she did it out of self-defense (..after claiming it was masked murderers..).
“A large percentage of individuals who are in such settings do not remember or have cloudy or foggy memories of what has transpired,” psychologist Richard Samuels told jurors Thursday. “We are more concerned with survival.”
- Jodi Arias to answer juror questions in Alexander murder (bazaardaily.com)
- Jodi Arias diagnosed with PTSD by expert witness (examiner.com)
- Expert: Jodi Arias Suffered From PTSD, Memory Loss (abcnews.go.com)
- Expert: Jodi Arias suffered from PTSD, memory loss (miamiherald.com)
- Jodi Arias: Murderous monster, Or abused woman? (bazaardaily.com)
- Expert: Jodi Arias suffered from PTSD, memory loss (azfamily.com)