Oops: Leader of Westboro Baptist Church is actually a homo
TOPEKA, KANSAS: In a strange, but not so surprising admission from a former member of the Westboro Baptist Church — Lauren Drain came forth this week alleging to the Advocate that the leader of the Church (Fred Phelps..) could very well be a homo himself.
Via the Advocate:
I never understood why, when [the media asked him], “Why are you so against the homosexuals? Did you have a homosexual experience? Do you have homosexual tendencies?” And he would get so mad, he would shut down. And he’d be like, “I can’t talk to this person anymore, they’re stupid.” His reaction to that was stronger than any other question you can ask him. So I always wondered that — why does he get so mad? If I’m not gay, I’ll just say I’m not gay. And I’m not going to freak out, like, “Why are you calling me gay?” I always thought that was super strange. … I don’t know what happened there, so [speculation] is all that I can leave it at. But something happened, and something made him change his mind about the military, and in turn have kind of a crusade against sexual immorality and homosexuals.
“I don’t think anyone should judge or persecute another human being or any group of individuals based off of those personal, chosen, beliefs,” she told NOH8. “I am against any and all forms of violence, discrimination, bullying or bigotry directed at someone else due to their personal lifestyle.”
- Even The Westboro Baptist Church Loves Jennifer Lawrence (uproxx.com)
- My father, the hate preacher: Nate Phelps on escaping Westboro Baptist Church – Telegraph (telegraph.co.uk)
- Westboro Baptist Church can suck my dick. (thesmartestbitchyouknow.com)
- Megan Phelps-Roper Has Left the Westboro Baptist Church (patheos.com)
- My father, the hate preacher: Nate Phelps on escaping Westboro Baptist Church (richarddawkins.net)
- Westboro Baptist church key member Megan Phelps-Roper leaves (guardian.co.uk)