Gawker has some information for you: Goddammit!
In typical Gawker fashion, the humor behind many of their news reports are just borderline of fun to read. Considering this weekend is in fact a holiday, Gawker has an important piece of information for you — St Patty’s day as many of you probably call it, is not correct. It’s St. Paddy’s Day Goddammit!.
Gawker’s Caty Weaver hilariously points out that Patty is a woman’s name, and Paddy is the correct variation to use when using the holiday term St Paddy’s day. A man by the name of ‘Patrick’ is where ‘Paddy’ originated from per Weaver’s obvious extensive research (clearly. to much time on her hands..).
The name ‘Paddy’ was given to Patrick after he converted the swaths of Ireland to Christianity.
- Try Not to Pass Out on St. Paddy’s Day (nymag.com)
- It’s St. Paddy’s Day, Not ‘St. Patty’s Day’ (gawker.com)
- Cheap St. Paddy’s Day Tips (huffingtonpost.com)
- Celebrate St. Paddy’s Day!!! (myshopangelblog.com)
- Weekend St. Paddy’s Day Means DUIs Will Skyrocket (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Bennigan’s Celebrates St. Paddy’s Day with Free Trip to Ireland (pr.com)