You must be surprised to know that chances are you are using the wrong shampoo. You might be wondering what is the right shampoo? The answer is a shampoo that fits your scalp and your hair. You need a shampoo that caters to the needs of your hair and scalp types.
But how can you do that? Don’t worry! We have everything that you might be looking for. Below we have made a guide explaining how you can choose the best shampoo for you.
Know Your Scalp
The main purpose of a shampoo is to properly clean your scalp. Thus, the right shampoo will meet your scalp’s needs first. If you have a clean scalp, you will automatically have healthy hair. There are specific shampoos for an oily and dry scalp. So, make sure you choose one that suits your scalp.
Below are some things to keep in mind if you have an oily scalp:
- Go for sampoonid that offer balancing and volumizing agents to deal with excess oils,
- Avoid shampoos that offer hydration or moisturization.
- Choose a formula that removes excess oil.
- Do not put the conditioner in your hair. Use it only from the midshaft to the end of your hair.
Below are some things to keep in mind if you have a dry scalp:
- Choose a formula that is gentle and promotes moisturization. Go with labels that read “hydration” and frizz protection.
- Shop for shampoos with tea tree oil or menthol. These help in retaining the moisture around your scalp.
- Do not go with volumizing shampoos or the ones that offer to strengthen your hair.
- Stay away from shampoos that contain sulfates as they can dry your scalp even more.
Know Your Hair
Now that you can work around your calp, let’s move on to your locks. Depending on your hair type, you should choose a shampoo. Either you have curly hair or straight hair. Below are some of the hair types that can help you find your hair type:
- Curly hair: Curly hair is usually on the drier side. People with such hair type often get their hair tangled easily. If you have curly hair, you should go for a shampoo that offers deep hydration. Moreover, you should also look for a shampoo that soothes frizz. Cleansing conditioners with mild detergents are also a good choice.
- Straight hair: If you have straight hair, go for shampoos rich in moisture.
- Damaged/Chemically treated hair: If you have damaged hair. Go for shampoos that offer hair strengthening. Also, stray away from shampoos that contain sulfates.
- Thin hair: If you have very fine or thin hair, go with non-creamy shampoos. Also, find shampoos that offer volumizing agents to add more volume to your hair.
With the tips we have mentioned, you will be able to easily find the right shampoo for you. If you are looking for a shampoo that matches your hair, visit Beauty Partners. They have a wide variety of shampoos and beauty products for people with different needs.